- Tofte/Wright Children’s Literature Award
- Independent Publishers Book of the Year Award
- IndieFab Book of the Year Award
- Golden Crown Literary Society’s “Goldie” Award
- Nominated for TopTeen Choice Book Award
- Publishers Weekly Top List of 2014 Anti-Bullying Books
Fifteen-year-old Alyx Atlas was raised as a boy, yet she knows something others don’t. She’s a girl. After her dad dies, it becomes painfully obvious that she must prove it now—to herself and to the world. Born with ambiguous genitalia, Alyx has always felt a little different. But it’s after she sustains a terrible beating behind a 7-Eleven that she and her mother pack up their belongings and move from California to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to start a new life—and Alyx begins over again, this time as a girl.
She makes friends, earns a spot on the girls’ varsity basketball team, and for the first time in her life feels like she fits in. That is, until the hotheaded Pepper Pitmani sets out to uncover Alyx’s secret.
Double Exposure is the story of an intersex teen athlete that brings to light complex gender issues, teenage insecurities, and overcoming all obstacles.
Double Exposure is available in hardcover, paperback, and eBook edition.